Project Controller & Scheduler
You will have the opportunity to support the Directorate’s new activities, reporting functionally directly to the project manager / technical officer as well providing schedule management support to the main missions of the Directorate, as/when required.
- Project Control:
- Bring together information on the schedule, cost and risks in order to provide to the management an integrated view of the programmatic status of the Project.
- Project control tasks will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA such as Finance and Procurement Services, and also outside of the Agency like for example our industrial partners.
- Participate in the financial closure of contracts once the activities are finalised.
- Participate in the evaluation of Industrial offers and CCNs, and preparation of Disposition Records.
- Coordinate the Financial, Accounting and Fixed Asset Management activities of the project, and conduct its daily business in a manner that is fully IPSAS-compliant, interacting with the Agency’s Corporate Finance Division or the External Audit Commission as required.
- Review and check the ESA internal expenditures including recharges, support services and purchases for consistency.
- Prepare, develop and maintain overall Cost at Completion (CAC), financial planning and associated reporting activities.
- Assist the Project Managers and Technical Officers in the planning and tracking of the new PPP activities, and help define and implement customised procedures needed for these activities.
- Support the Risk management process of the Projects.
- With an emphasis on schedule analysis, participation in major tender evaluations of the directorate
- Scheduler tasks will bring the incumbent in contact with the main new projects in the HRE department and also with their industrial consortia and the international organisations with whom we partner (NASA, JAXA, CSA and ROSCOSMOS).
- Capability to summarise and present effectively complex information to colleagues or senior management
- Familiarity with the schedule peculiarities of spacecraft development would be an asset
- Ability to interact professionally with the technical personnel in our projects
- Demonstrated expertise with the use of modern schedule IT tools (ie MS Project, Primavera)• Familiarity with the techniques that allow the use such IT tools to provide active schedule management.
- Assist the HRE Project Control section in the design and implementation of new schedule control / progress monitoring techniques. Because of the pro-active nature of the work on schedule controlling that will be required, the post holder will need to show:
- Conduct specific ad hoc schedule analysis of HRE activities as needed.
- Assist the projects in the regular schedule control of its industrial consortium
- Support the projects in their schedule interactions with our main international partners
- With an emphasis on schedule analysis, participation to the major technical reviews of the main projects in the Directorate.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience.
- You are proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- You have experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- You are highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- You have experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- You are able to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- The job will require substantial interaction with other key stakeholders inside ESA such as Finance and Procurement Services, and also outside of the Agency like for example our industrial partners.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
You have a past experience with ESA in relevant activities.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.