Project Leader - Intermediate Level
Since 1967, APS Aviation Inc., a member of the RHEA Group of companies, has been providing professional consulting services to all sectors of the aviation industry. We have an enviable leadership role in the Canadian aviation sector, and provide a variety of aviation services to over 100 clients including government and private industry in more than 30 countries globally. To learn more about our company, we invite you to visit our website at apsaviation.ca.
We are currently seeking a ‘Project Leader – Intermediate Level’ who will be working directly with a team of professionals leading aviation and icing related engineering projects. This position is responsible for overseeing assigned projects of moderate to high complexity. The essential functions of this position include working closely with professionals (R&D specialists, developers, senior management, etc.) to lead projects, communicate effectively with clients, and apply project management skills to ensure proper delivery and closing of delegated projects. This position requires an understanding of aircraft ground icing operations.
- Develop project schedule and plan to ensure timely completion of assigned projects. Obtain management and client agreement with the project plan and timeline, and advise of any obstacles or resource needs that may affect completion of projects as planned.
- Communicate project goals, monitor project progress, and adjust resources as necessary to keep projects on track.
- Apply project management tools and tracking systems to manage all aspects of progress and utilize resources to meet project requirements.
- Conduct effective communications with clients to define and analyse needs, determine and evaluate potential solutions, and oversee the development of programs to meet set requirements.
- Follow established filing guidelines to appropriately file all documents and communication.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Bachelor’s or technical degree required (i.e. engineering, environmental, aviation, sciences)
- You have project management and leadership skills (PMP certification preferred).
- You have at least 5 years of experience in project management.
- You are responsible, accountable, self-starting, and a fast learner who is well organized and focused on quality.
- You are able to work independently and as part of a team.
- You have advanced proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, French.
- You have knowledge or experience in aircraft deicing or laboratory research.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.