Quality Assurance Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide service to the QA Team which provides support to the various Divisions within EUMETSAT.
EUMETSAT is organised in a matrix structure where QA Engineers are deployed as integrated support but belong to the PRS division, which is part of the TSS Directorate.
- Implement EUMETSAT QA policies in the assigned areas, in accordance with the Programme specific QA plan for all phases covered by this SoW and the relevant contract;
- Update the specific QA plan, as needed;
- Manage and support the Anomalies Review Board (ARB) and Non-conformance Review Board (NRB);
- Provide service to the definition of QA procedures;
- Provide QA service for the implementation of processes focussed in the area of the Ground Segment procurement, as needed;
- Provide service to the regular monitoring of established metrics on the main processes;
- Provide QA service to development activities;
- Preparation and service to the organisation and execution of project reviews;
- Provide QA service to the Integration Verification and Validation activities;
- Provide QA service to the implementation of the Risk Management process;
- Provide QA service to the collection of Lessons Learned;
- Provide QA service for the implementation of Configuration Management processes;
- Provide service to the QA Manager on Programme specific QA aspects and brief the QA Manager on the main issues identified.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree and a background of at least 5 years in space systems (space/ground segments) with at least 3 years of experience in project QA positions.
- You are fluent in English (level C1)
- You have sound hands-on experience in:
- QA processes definition, implementation, monitoring and control;
- Risks management and lessons learned processes;
- Managing, reporting and following of procured items.
- You have sound experience in a rational application of quality international standards (e.g. ISO and ECSS);
- You have knowledge of project management and project planning, possibly including the ability to identify and report on critical paths;
- You have some knowledge of requirements management tools, e.g. DOORS;
- You have the ability to draft management reports and executive summaries in English;
- You have sound hands-on experience of working on collaborative programmes involving different partners;
- You have very good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- You have good interpersonal skills, including mediation skills;
- You have a very good attitude to team working.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have knowledge of French
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.