Radiation Effects Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to the Component Space Evaluation and Radiation Effects Section.
- Providing support to the Agency’s Projects in the field of EEE component Radiation Hardness Assurance.
- Preparing and conducting radiation tests campaigns including developing test set-up and subsequent data analysis (with emphasis on TID, DD and SEE) on EEE components, test structures and materials in support of Agency’s projects, studies, evaluation, qualification or radiation hardening activities.
- Defining relevant radiation studies, experimental and development activities (also including in- flight component radiation characterisation experiments); to initiate and manage such activities implemented under ESA contracts.
- Supporting the sections’ standardisation activities, particularly those involving general Radiation Hardness Assurance procedures, irradiation test guidelines (SEE, TID and Displacement Damage), modelling and simulation issues.
- Conducting simulations of radiation effects in components and materials using suitable device physics based SW-tools and to produce new or improve existing models.
- Coordinating such activities with internal and external partners and promoting the results achieved in the form of publications, presentations and training to be provided.
- You have a Master degree or equivalent qualification in electrical/electronic engineering or (solid state) physics.
- You have a substantial experience in the field of radiation effects on semiconductor components and all aspects of irradiation testing.
- You are experienced with SEE rate prediction tools and have sufficient knowledge of the space environment to correctly employ these tools.
- You demonstrate familiarity with shielding analysis tools (sectoring and 3D MonteCarlo based), device physics simulation tools, modern programming techniques, modelling and simulation of radiation effects on EEE components for radiation hardening and software engineering practices.
- You have basic knowledge of component engineering and product assurance principles and modelling /simulation of radiation effects on EEE components for radiation hardening.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.