Radio Navigation Engineer (PNT Applications and PVT Assurance)
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of safety-related Position-Navigation-Timing (PNT) applications (e.g. in railway, maritime and automotive sectors), PVT integrity and PVT assurance (security).
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis for security and safety-related applications (e.g. regarding system architecture, ground processing and user segment technologies);
- Support to the activities relating to technology development, standardisation and working groups on PVT assurance and safety-related PNT applications;
- Design, definition and follow up of activities (including industrial development contracts and procurements, laboratory and field trials) related to GNSS testbeds and receivers, in the aforementioned areas (safety-critical, PVT assurance);
- Support end-to-end GALILEO/EGNOS System Integration, Validation and Qualification activities (e.g. new system features, receivers) in the aforementioned areas.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in the fields of Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
- Background and experience in GNSS, in particular system and user technologies for PVT integrity; experience in design, performances and standardisation of PNT user segments technologies (GNSS receiver, signal processing and navigation algorithms, sensor fusion, etc.). Background and experience in at least two of the following fields is an asset: wireless security; GNSS PVT assurance; wireless systems for safety-related applications; any of the following application domains and their associated safety standards: railway, automotive, maritime.
- You have specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- You have a strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers.
- You have relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- You have proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- You have strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have some experience of commercial simulation software.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.