Radio Navigation Receiver Engineer (PNT Systems)
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to the Radio Navigation Systems & Technology Section at the European Space Agency.
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid PNT framework (GNSS algorithms at signal and position level, dead-reckoning motion sensors such as INS, vision-based INS, alternative PNT systems, use of signals from cellular network, etc.).
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis, in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments) for improved availability, reliability and resilience.
- Participation to the activities supporting standardisation and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics.
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including R&D activities and./or procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies /user segments.
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in the fields of Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
- You have specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- You have a strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers.
- You have relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- You have proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- You have strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
- You have a background and experience (including hands-on tests and field trials) in several of the following fields: GNSS and associated user technologies, non-GNSS positioning systems (e.g. alternative PNT, 5G, etc.) and associated user technologies; advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (for instance including but not limited to some of the following: MIMO signal processing, kalman filter, particle filter, artificial intelligence and machine learning for sensor fusion).
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have some experience in system design and user equipment technologies for secure wireless systems.
- You have some experience of commercial simulation software.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.