Regional Initiatives Services Support
In this role you will have the opportunity to providing ESA with scientific and technical support for programme management, coordination, analysis, planning and reporting aimed to develop Regional Information Services in Europe and neighbouring countries, to enhance and integrate within existing regional monitoring and assessment frameworks in cooperation national, regional authorities (e.g. Atlantic, Baltic, Black Sea, Mediterranean area, Alps). Main sensors/missions relevant for this support are all sensors on-board ESA Missions, ERS, and Envisat, sentinel missions Sentinel-1, Sentinel-2, Sentinel-3, S-4, S-5. National operational missions such as TerraSAR, Radarsat, Cosmo-Skymed will also be exploited.
The scope of work will include:
- Analyse scientific progress reports and achievements from relevant initiatives in the regions
- Support the preparation of the annual work plan and regional users consultations
- Support liaison with ESA teams responsible for regional activities in Science , Applications , Platforms and Trainings
- Support preparation of regional consultations and trainings
- Preparation of information documents, e.g. fact sheets, technical reports, scientific requirements documents, etc.
- Maintaining and updating the EO 4 Society website
- Editing publications and outreach documents (newsletters, brochures, flyers, etc.)
- Set-up and administer small documentation (Lecture Material, workshop Presentations etc…) retrieval and archiving system
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- The candidate should possess a degree in a relevant technical field such as Physics, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geography, Geosciences, Meteorology.
- Ideally a higher-level degree qualification (such as MSc or PhD) in relevant fields of SAR processing, signal and image processing, optical remote sensing, Radar Altimetry, oceanography, hydrology, cryospheric science, geodesy
- The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in a directly relevant industrial or research environment.
- Extensive experience of ESA EO missions, related science and applications
- Specialist skills in: exploitation of SAR and passive microwave sensors, Optical remote sensing of land/ocean, Radar Altimetry, Atmospheric sounding,
- Good knowledge of Earth Science research community and key international scientific initiatives
- Practical experience of using web tools to research and publish scientific results
- Experience in drafting and editing complex technical reports
- Good technical writing and communication skills
- Expert proficiency in MS Office Tools
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
- Be able to work both autonomously
- Be bale to work with multi-national team
- Have a positive attitude to international cooperation.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.