Remote Operational Security Engineer
For our European institutional client, working on the European satellite navigation activities, we are looking for an Operational Security Engineer who will be the link between the site in Fucino, Italy and the Security Monitoring Centre in France. You will strengthen the operations, increase visibility and understanding of the system configuration, participation in local site planning and meetings and support of the investigations and resolution of incidents.
- Collaborate in the creation and validation of site incident handling procedures for nominal and crisis scenarios
- Support onsite security monitoring-related activities.
- Resolve security incidents requesting ARB decisions;
- Support the SOIF implementation roadmap on site and support its validation activities
- Increase knowledge of the system by directly accessing technical documentation on “as built” system design and data flows,
- Provide the on-site authorisations to the GSMC upon request, regarding changes in their electronic security environment
- Enforce GSMC auditing responsibilities for Galileo Operations as stated in the Galileo SvRD-x;
- Gather / exploit inputs on system and security events that are not yet accessible / exploitable through GSMC equipment delivered by ESA/WP 2;
- Reinforce the quality of GSMC Security Reporting to the Programme by having direct on-site access to SPO inputs used for the GSMC’s weekly security reports.
- University degree in a relevant discipline with 3 years of relevant experience
- Level of knowledge and experience in computer security; knowledge and experience obtained in a security operating centre – or similar environment
- Experience in coordinating tasks assignment and their follow up among operational teams.
- High level of proficiency in the English language (at least C1 level). Knowledge in other European languages will be an asset
- Applicants must currently be citizen of any of the EU countries or already in possession of an EU Secret clearance.