Satcom Ground Segment Engineer
You will have the opportunity to support the activities in the Ground Technology and Products Section in the Telecommunication Satellite Domain at our client’s premises in Harwell, UK.
- Coordinate the initiation of activities related to technology and product design and development for the telecommunication ground segment.
- Evaluation, negotiation, monitoring and control of contracts and activities related to technology and product development for satellite telecommunication ground segments.
- Monitor market and technology trends and developments in the area of satellite communication ground segments
- Provide input for the Department Business Intelligence management system
- Support TIA Communication activities in line with the ESA TIA Communication Policy rules.
- You have a university degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering
- You have a minimum 7 years of industry experience in the design and development of satellite telecommunications user or ground segment products and technologies.
- You have experience in satcom ground segment architectures for broadcasting, broadband, trunking, backhauling and mobile applications.
- You have experience in the definition and implementation of ground solutions for satcom mobile systems
- You have an expertise in some or all of the following areas:
- Terminal modem design (FPGA and ASIC)
- Communication protocols including quality of service aspects, upper layer techniques in IP and networking, air interface techniques,
- RF and Microwave including LNAs, SSPAs, TWTAs, filters, frequency converters,
- Ground antennas for both fixed and mobile SatCom systems
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.