Senior Back-end Software Engineer
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Senior Back End Software Engineer to support the cyber-security team. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security and Infrastructure as a Service domains.
If you have a passion or interest for cyber security and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place. At RHEA Group will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cyber-security projects for the European Space Agency, NATO and the European Commission.
Position is open for permanent contract.
This position can be based:
- Frascati, Italy
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Belgium, Bruxelles or ESEC (Redu)
- Leiden, Netherlands
- Contribute to the research and development of a new set of cyber-security related products, leveraging cyber-risk assessment and cyber-security simulation and testing over complex systems within the Space (ground, space and data segments), healthcare and critical infrastructure protection domains.
- Collaborate, in an Agile development environment, with our team of software engineers and architects throughout the development process
- Implement code that conforms to performance, security and quality standards
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, mathematics or a related field,
- At least five years of relevant experience in Java development, with a major effort spent in the back-end.
- Strong experience with IDE such as Eclipse or IntelliJIDEA
- Strong experience in Java (7/8/9/10/11), with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
- Strong Experience in Agile development processes and Git source code control
- Experience in relational or document databases (i.e. PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Strong experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with microservices (on Docker Containers)
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience in testing and validating software systems (i.e. Unit Tests, Functional Tests, Integration Tests, etc)
- Good interpersonal skills, team working, good analytic and problem solving capabilities
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English
Some of the following skills would be highly desirable, in order of priority:
- Experience with SonarQube, Jenkins and Bitbucket (or similar tools)
- Experience in Angular (2/4/5/6/7/8)
- Knowledge of UML
- Knowledge on Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, SIP, SNMP, IPSec, SSL, TLS
- Knowledge on virtualization technologies (KVM, VMWare)
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.