Sentinels and TPM missions Projects Support
You will have the opportunity to support ESA in the day-to-day coordination, monitoring and reporting on the overall status of all USER exploitation projects related to ESA, Sentinels and Third-Party (TPM) EO missions.
The scope of work will include:
- Day-to-day EOPI projects support
- Monitor lifecycle of EOPI user projects
- Administer the handling of relevant Announcements of Opportunity (AOs e.g. International Cooperation, Platform scientific use, Cal-Val)
- Manage the relevant EO campaigns data access registration
- Survey, collect, evaluate and document information of the status of USER projects and relevant publications
- Evaluate data needs and availability for EO exploitation projects (e.g. global scale)
- Liaise with User Services and Mission Managers for day to day operations and reporting
- EO4Society portal
- Act as webmaster for the EO4Society portal: https://eo4society.esa.int
- Maintain content of the Portal with up-to-date info source for EO mission exploitation
- Define procedures for results monitoring and achievement communication
- Analyze and report on overall trends and achievements in EO exploitation projects
- Exchange information and reports with the EO User Services on relevant issues for EO exploitation projects
- EOPI achievement and results
- Review scientific, technical reports and publications from projects
- Produce survey reports on achievements and outstanding issues on data-exploitation techniques directly relevant for ESA, Sentinels and TPM EO missions
- Identify & summarize project results suitable for EO promotion
- Collect feedback from related to data quality and management
- Collate and synthesise requirements from EO data users for new products, algorithm, and tools for improved EO data exploitation
- Present exploitation achievements and success stories in web news and via EO Open Science twitter news
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a degree in a relevant technical field such as Physics, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Geography, Geosciences, Meteorology.
- Ideally a higher-level degree qualification (such as MSc or PhD) in relevant fields of SAR processing, signal and image processing, optical remote sensing, Radar Altimetry, oceanography, hydrology, cryospheric science, geodesy
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a directly relevant industrial or research environment.
- Good general knowledge of ESA EO missions and user communities
- General knowledge of EO data products, formats, and analysis tools,
- Experience of day-to-day contact with the international EO science community
- Good communication and technical writing skills
- High proficiency in using web tools for retrieving and publishing scientific information
- Familiarity with Access, Lotus Notes databases
- Expert proficiency in MS Office
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
- Be able to work both autonomously
- Be bale to work with multi-national team
- Have a positive attitude to international cooperation.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.