Software Architect/Technical Lead
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Software Architect/Technical Lead to support the cyber-security team. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security and Infrastructure as a Service domains.
If you have a passion or interest for cyber security and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place. At RHEA Group will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique large cyber-security projects for the European Space Agency, NATO and the European Commission.
This position will be based at the European space Security and Education Centre (ESEC) near Redu, Belgium.
- Contribute to the research and development of a new set of cyber-security related products, leveraging cyber-risk assessment and cyber-security simulation and testing over complex systems within the Space (ground, space and data segments) and critical infrastructure protection domains
- Collaborate with other professionals to analyze and define functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Use modern tools and methodologies to develop high-level and detailed software designs
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding and quality standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers, leveraging our Agile software development environment
- Implement code that conforms to all defined quality standards
- Ensure produced software conforms to all defined quality standards
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, mathematics or a related field
- More than five years of relevant experience in full-stack software development, with a good balance between front-end and back-end
- Strong experience in Java (7/8), with a good knowledge of its ecosystem
- Strong experience in Agile development processes and Git source code control
- Good experience in SysML/UML
- Good experience with at least one common design tool (e.g. Enterprise Architect, MagicDraw)
- Good experience in continuous integration pipelines
- Good experience in software quality assurance principles and tools (SonarQube, etc...)
- Strong interpersonal skills, team working, good analytic and problem solving capabilities
- Strong communication, presentation and documentation abilities
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Proven team leadership skills
- Proven experience working and leading complex software projects
Some of the following skills would be highly desirable, in order of priority:
- Experience with software architecture documentation for large and complex projects
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering principles
- Experience in Angular (2/4/5)
- Experience on Spring Boot
- Experience with microservices (on Docker Containers)
- Experience in Technical Project Management
- PMP or Prince2 certificates
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.