Software Development Engineer
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Software Development Engineer to support our software development team in Darmstadt, Germany.
RHEA Group supported over 80 missions for international and national space agencies, commercial satellite operators, system integrators, satellite manufacturers and other space suppliers. We have acquired a first-class reputation amongst the space community for providing engineering services, system solutions and products of the highest quality for all phases of the space mission lifecycle.
- You will be working on a range of challenging projects, as one of the key software engineers developing systems for space applications in fields such as data processing, automated monitoring and control of spacecraft and ground segment systems.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Bachelor degree in software engineering or equivalent;
- You have at least 2 years of demonstrated experience in software engineering;
- Hands-on experience in the following:
- Programming: Java SE, Java EE
- Platform: Linux, SOA (e.g. ServiceMix)
- Configuration Management: GIT
- You have a strong knowledge of technical document writing – notably, user requirements, design documentation, and test documentation;
- You have a dynamic and proactive attitude, with a strong commitment to the ongoing development and quality of the RHEA products;
- You possess excellent communications skills, with very good written and spoken English.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Prior work experience with the following tools and domains:
- Understanding of UML Modelling
- .Net Programming
- Space system engineering and design preferred;
- Specific space domain knowledge would be a strong plus, in particular:
- Space Weather applications
- Mission control system (e.g ECOS2000, EGS-CC)
- ECSS standards