Software Support Engineer
As Software Support Engineer, you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of software tools for managing a large number (>350) of research and development activities over their whole life cycle.
- Development and maintenance of TIA-applications that gather, analyse and present programmatic data associated with research and development activities (contracts).
- Development and maintenance of new software tools according to TIA wide needs.
- Migration of existing applications to a common application environment.
- Development and maintenance of application documentation (including user guides and software development/maintenance documentation).
- User training, including preparation of training materials.
- Resolution of technical issues raised by application users.
- Management of software change requests and software updates in a timely manner with minimal user disruption.
- Provide inputs to management reports.
- Follow the relevant and applicable ISO procedures and security directives.
- Maintain the required level of confidentiality and security as defined in the ESA Security Directives.
- Contribute to harmonisation of tools, SW-development and procedure in TIA, actively exchange knowledge with team members and/or other IT professionals in ESA and especially within the TIA domain.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a university degree or equivalent qualification and experience in software development for business management applications.
- You have a good knowledge and at least five years of practical experience in developing web applications.
- You have a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including VBA scripting.
- You have good communications skills
- You are problem-solving oriented
- You are a team player
- You are customer focused
The following skills would be highly desirable:
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.