Spacecraft Operations Engineer (ExoMars)
You will have the responsibility of the Guidance, Navigation & Control, Propulsion subsystems and Payload, the setup and configuration of the Mission Planning System for routine operations and the support to the SOM in the Egress Operations planning and Ground Segment System Test and Validation. The focus will be initially on ExoMars RSP mission within the Solar and Planetary Missions family.
- Study of Project specific Characteristics
- Participation in the development of the Ground Segment Documentation (System Requirements Document, System Test Plan)
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Software
- Preparation of Functional Requirements for the Project dedicated Flight Control Ground Facilities
- Participation in the Ground Segment system validation activities
- Participation in the Analysis and Design of Satellite Operations
- Preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
- Production of Project specific Software Validation and Satellite Interface Validation Test (SVT)
- Procedures, Reports and Participation in SVTs
- Participation in the System Operations Validation Test (SOV), Training and Simulation Programmes
- Participation in Launch and Early Orbit Phase (LEOP) and Mission Critical Operations
- General Flight Control Support Service
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
- You have spacecraft subsystem knowledge AOCS/GNC/Propulsion systems
- You have experience with Mission Planning System configuration.
- You have experience in Ground Segment development and/or improvement activities in support of flight operation
- You have experience in spacecraft operations
- You are able to work with other service providers in operations (team player)
- You are able to interact with other teams supporting the operations preparation (e.g. ground data systems)
- You are able to work independently
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience with On-Board SW Maintenance (OBSM) operations
- You are familiar with the ESOC environment
- You are familiar with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- You are familiar with ground station control processes and set-up
- You are familiar with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
- You are familiar with MOIS
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.