Spacecraft Operations Engineer (Aeolus)
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to Aeolus mission within the Earth Observation Missions Division but with the possibility of supporting other missions.
- Maintenance and preparation of Flight Control and Contingency Procedures
- Support to the general routine activities of the mission (Mission Planning, documentation maintenance, satellite and ground systems anomaly investigation).
- Acquisition and maintenance of general satellite knowledge and procedures, participating in the on-call engineer service rotation.
- General Flight Control Support Service
- Spacecraft Performance Analysis
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline
- You have spacecraft subsystem knowledge
- You have experience in spacecraft operations
- You are able to work in an organised manner, with good reporting skills and reliable deadline meeting.
- You are able to work with other service providers in operations (team player)
- You are able o interact with other teams supporting the operations preparation (e.g. Payload Data Ground Segment, Ground Data Systems)
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You are familiar with the ESOC environment
- You are familiar with satellite control systems, in particular SCOS-2000
- You are familiar with operational simulators, especially the ones based on SimSat
- You are familiar with MOIS
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.