You will have the opportunity to work within the Structures Department for our client, The European Space Agency where your main task will be on Structures Static, Buckling/Stability and Thermo-Elastic Analysis.
The scope of work will include:
- Support the generation and set-up of structural mathematical models using FEM for structural analysis problems, covering all structural materials applied in spacecraft and launchers. Where necessary non-linear approaches and specific solution sequences shall be applied/developed (e.g. Nastran SOL 600, Mecano, Abaqus).
- Perform the analysis, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all analysis steps.
- Support the generation and set-up of mathematical models for structural elastic stability and thermo-elastic stability problems
- Perform stability analysis leading to the determination of buckling loads and deformations.
- Perform the interpolation of the temperature maps as resulting from thermal analysis for their employment in finite element structural analysis.
- Perform thermo-elastic analysis leading to the determination of loads and deformations, evaluate the outcome in terms of margins of safety and stability budgets, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all analysis steps. Where necessary non-linear approaches shall be considered and specific solution sequences shall be developed.
- Evaluate critically the results and the loads and issue relevant documentation.
- Perform Dynamic Test Data Analysis and Correlation activities when needed.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a PhD or MSc. in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering.
- You have at least 4 years of working experience working in a similar function
- You have good knowledge of thermal analysis software (ESATAN/ESARAD)
- You have knowledge of CAD software (CATIA)
- You are fluent in English