Systems and CDF Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support in the Concurrent Design Facility activities. You will be supported by specialists and you will work in close cooperation with D/TEC engineers, ESA trainees and external experts.
- Support the organisation and execution of concurrent engineering studies in co-operation with D/TEC technical specialists, project teams and industry.
- Actively participate in CDF studies (e.g. pre-phase A assessment) and activities covering the position of Systems Engineer, thus coordinating design and architecture sessions with specialists of other engineering disciplines.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the CDF infrastructure to support internal studies, including formalisation of design models, i/o parameter definition, visualisation/ presentation.
- Support the total CDF infrastructure and overall integrated modelling to ensure the functionality and performance of the CDF, including the development of concurrent engineering tools, mathematical and design models and methods in support of Systems Engineering and application to all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Promote the use of the CDF to support ESA programmes, industry and external customers.
- Provide System Engineering functional support to ESA projects, which encompasses: interface with the project team directly or via the TEC-SYE project support engineer, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participation in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and providing appropriate feedback about achieved progress and results.
- Provide support to the Directorate’s activities as requested within the field of competence.
- You have a Master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in the relevant discipline.
- You have a background in Systems Engineering.
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- You have relevant experience in the following:
- CE methodology and tools
- Multidisciplinary feasibility studies
- Space mission analysis and conceptual design
- System engineering modelling capabilities.
- You have good organisational skills, sound judgement, resourcefulness, team spirit and good communication skills.
- You are able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.