Systems Management Support
In this role you will have the opportunity to support ESA to test and evaluate complex processing chains implemented by external system developers for the development of global and regional products exploiting ESA and Third-Party EO data. This includes computer system management activities for setting up and maintaining the HW and SW infrastructures required to operate these complex processing chains within the Agency computing infrastructure at ESRIN.
The scope of work will include:
- Definition, support to procurement, support to installation of all system elements (H/W, S/W, Network) required to host and operate complex processing systems at ESRIN.
- Operating and maintaining EOP-SD data processing and archiving systems including all H/W, S/W and network components.
- System Management and Configuration Control of complex computing systems.
- Support to the testing, evaluation and acceptance of S/W deliverables generated by Industry during the various project development phases.
- Integrating the industrially developed systems into the ESRIN computing infrastructure.
- Define system test plans (in-house testing), evaluation of system performance, raising and tracking Software Problems Reports (SPRs), recommending S/W and H/W improvements.
- Generation and evaluation of global Level-3 demonstration data products.
- installation, testing, maintenance of off-the-shelf image processing and GIS software tools,
- ICT configuration and security management, support to network management
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- The candidate should possess a degree in a relevant technical field such as Physics, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science.
- Ideally a higher-level degree qualification (such as MSc or PhD) in relevant fields of Remote sensing, signal and image processing
- The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience in a directly relevant industrial or research environment.
- Specialist skills in ICT system management
- Experience in management, configuration, upgrade and development of large data processing systems under UNIX/Linux/Windows
- Experience with large EO data handling, processing and archiving systems
- Experience with installation, configuration & maintenance of Image processing systems and GIS tools (e.g. IDL/ENVI, Matlab, ERDAS, PCI, Arcinfo)
- Experience in relational databases (e.g. MS SQL server)
- Object oriented design and high-level programming languages (C++, Java, Python)
- Experience of EO data ordering, handling, processing & archiving
- Good knowledge of EO data products, formats, and analysis tools
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools
- Proactive approach to problem identification and resolution
- Be able to work both autonomously
- Be bale to work with multi-national team
- Have a positive attitude to international cooperation
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.