Technical Administrative Assistant
Since 1967, APS Aviation Inc., a member of the RHEA Group of companies, has been providing professional consulting services to all sectors of the aviation industry. We have an enviable leadership role in the Canadian aviation sector, and provide a variety of aviation services to over 100 clients including government and private industry in more than 30 countries globally. To learn more about our company, we invite you to visit our website at apsaviation.ca.
APS is currently seeking a Technical Administrative Assistant (TAA) to work as part of a team of professionals in aircraft ground icing. The Technical Administrative Assistant will assist in research, product delivery, and provide administration and coordination support. The TAA will work independently, and as part of a team and report to the Leader, Icing, Technical and Digital Systems and Vice-President, Aviation Services.
This is a full-time position in Montreal (Ville Saint-Laurent) with potential of up to 37.5 hours per week. Part-time requests will be considered. The salary will be determined based upon your qualifications.
- Preparation and quality control of technical documents. Ensuring written project deliverables (test procedures, guidelines, etc.) meet company and client quality standards. This task includes review, formatting, and packaging documents (written by technical writers) according to an internal company standard form and style;
- Logistics coordination for short term projects (few months) and longer term projects (1-2 years) with cross-functional teams;
- Data management, data entry, and data verification tasks;
- Perform administrative tasks in an office setting for projects (purchase orders and filing);
- Support the iOS App development team in the quality verification of new launch products; and
- Flexible to take on new tasks with short notice (as required) during peak season.
- College, Technical, or University degree preferred;
- Language(s) required: English; French is an asset;
- Self-starter and fast learner that is well organized;
- Responsible and accountable;
- Meticulous and focused on quality;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential;
- Advanced proficiency of Microsoft Word and Excel (a skill test will be required for potential candidates);
- Intermediate proficiency in PowerPoint and Outlook (a skill test may be required);
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to plan and coordinate cross-functional activities;
- Ability to multi-task with changing priorities and frequent interruptions is required;
- Experience working in a laboratory setting is an asset;
- Experience working with data management spreadsheets and report publications is an asset; and
- At least 1-year experience in a similar role (the candidate will be trained on specific job duties.)