Technology R&D Engineer
You will have the opportunity to support the Management and Implementation of the General Support Technology Programme and of the Technology Development Element of the Basic Activities.
- Evaluation of proposals for technology R&D activities on their technical merit, consistency and defined priorities.
- Preparation of the planning of the Technology programmes and of in-flight demonstration opportunities in close collaboration with representatives from technical support and programme departments.
- Managing assigned R&D activities.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and provision of management information as required.
- Monitoring of the consistency of the various Programmes/Initiatives with respect to other on-going technology programmes and defined industrial policy objectives.
- Evaluation of the results and support the dissemination of technology achievements (e.g. support the preparation of workshops and final presentation days).
- You have a PhD or Msc Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent (preferably space related). An additional qualification in Business Administration would be an asset.
- You are familiar and have experience in the R&D area and technology development processes, in particular in the space sector.
- You have knowledge of Programme/Project management and controlling methods and tools.
- You are able to interface with ESA staff at all levels.
- You have demonstrated ability to analyse and synthesise complex information.
- You have a good verbal and written communications.
- You are rigor, committed and reliable in the execution of the assigned tasks. You have a proactive attitude to solve problems, identify priority actions and to handle high workload.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.