Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Telecommunications Satellite Payload Engineer to work in the beautiful city of Harwell.
You will be responsible for the management of activities devoted to the development of satellite payload technology and products under the responsibility of the Payload Technology Section.
- Initiating, monitoring and controlling space segment technology and product development activities for satellite communications under the ARTES Core Competitiveness (CC) and other ARTES programme lines, with a focus on digital communication technologies.
- Liaising with the Procurement Department, the Strategic Programme Line Managers and other relevant Departments of ESA as necessary to fulfil this role.
- Supporting activities of the Ground Segment Section and the creation and implementation of ARTES partnership projects;
- Reporting regularly on the progress, status, schedule and outcome of ARTES activities, including realistic forecasting of milestone completion dates;
- Identifying and defining product and technology needs for future satellite communication services, in particular for digital communication technology and products;
- Supporting the promotion of the ARTES 4.0 programme and the ARTES socio-economic impact analysis;
- Coordinating the provision of expert technical support from other ESA organisational units (e.g. TEC) as required to ensure an effective initiation and management of activities.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
- Experience in managing technology development activities carried out by industry for commercial satellite communication.
- Knowledge of satellite communication system architectures, products and market.
- Experience in the specification, design, development and testing of at least one of the following: digital signal processors, communication modems, digital and/or mixed signal ASICs, software defined radios.
- Good communication skills.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to plan and organized.
- Ability to work in team.
- stakeholder relationship management.
- Ability to demonstrate strong negotiation skills and contract/subcontract management experience.
- Experience in space segment technology and equipment as well as subsystem design and development is required.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of ESA and industrial development, verification and procurement processes.
- Experience in the satellite telecommunication industry.