Thermal Control Engineer
Friday, August 23, 2019
You will have the opportunity to support the Thermal Control Section at the European Space Agency.
Tasks and Activities
- Provide support to the Agency in the thermal engineering (design, analysis and verification area) related to the sections thermal control activities.
- Provide support to ESA projects, including CDF activities, interface with the project team, interface – if requested – with the industrial team, participate in progress meetings and reviews, as requested by project work, and provide appropriate feedback on the achieved progress and discussions.
- Support the thermal control activities (project support and R&D activities) of the Section in the area of his/her specialization.
- Build geometrical and thermal models, perform relevant analyses, evaluate critically the results and issue relevant documentation covering all work performed.
- Support the maintenance and upgrading of thermal mathematical models.
- Support thermal verification test campaigns for ongoing ESA projects by performing/reviewing test procedures, test predictions and test correlations and attend the tests if required.
- Support ESA project reviews.
- Support European standardization activities
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
Skills and Experience
- You have a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in the domain.
- You have a very good background and experience in thermal modelling and analysis as well as thermal spacecraft design and verification.
- You have a very good background and knowledge of spacecraft system aspects.
- You have a very good background and experience with the Agency’s thermal analysis tools, e.g. ESATAN-TMS.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.