Thermal & Mechanical Testing Technician
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to Thermal Analysis & Verification Section at the European Space Agency.
- Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL). He/she will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory.
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities.
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
- You have a Technical Degree (Bsc., Diploma or equivalent) from a recognised Institution or equivalent.
- You have knowledge and practical experience of thermal/mechanical testing of space equipment, associated measurement techniques, and vacuum technologies are important assets.
- You have a strong background in environmental testing and thermal verification.
- You have proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians.
- You have knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems.
- You have proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.