User Training Support
In this role you will have the opportunity to support ESA in preparing, maintaining and distributing packages of EO training materials and organizing training courses at ESRIN and at other locations.
The scope of work will include:
- Collect, select, harmonise, and integrate training material drawn from a wide range of specialist sources (e.g. ESA, external experts) including hand-out documentation, demonstration software, web-based course materials, and on-line training tools
- Produce/update self-contained packages of training materials (in English language) on a specific aspect of EO exploitation covering ESA , Sentinels and 3d Party EO missions, sensors, data products and the most up-to-date exploitation methods
- Generate customised training packages suitable for courses at a variety of levels and adapted for a range of training audiences (e.g. decision-makers in public-service, graduate / post-graduate students, secondary-school level classes)
- Support the installation, configuration and testing of training packages incl. demonstration software modules, web tools and pre-selected example data sets on the dedicated training PCs in the training room at ESRIN and other locations
- Support the review of training material developed for and delivered to the Agency by 3d parties e.g. Eduspace modules, LEOWorks software tools
- Prepare or co-ordinate individual training-courses & Supervise practical sessions
- Deliver specific course-modules or talks based on customised training packages
- Prepare dedicated Advanced Training Event websites using off the shelf CONFTOOL
- Support the Agency in the preparation of dedicated MOOCs focused EO exploitation in the content definition, development of specific material and specialised support to the MOOC project team as appropriate
- Prepare a user satisfaction survey using off the shelf tools and Deliver summary reports on feedback from course attendees
- Support the maintenance and further evolution of the ESA EO education web site
- Maintaining and logging the day-to-day contacts with external groups who are involved in the Agency’s EO training activities (e.g. member States organisations, external training and educational organisations, value-adding companies)
- Post the lecture material, lecture recorded videos, and as appropriate data sets/ training software tools on the relevant website (e.g.EO4society , Earthnet, ESA education)
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a qualified to tertiary level with e.g. professional diploma or certification, or university degree in subjects relevant to communication or EO.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a directly relevant industrial or research environment.
- Extensive experience of ESA EO missions, related science and applications
- Specialist skills in: exploitation of SAR and passive microwave sensors, Optical remote sensing of land/ocean, Radar Altimetry, Atmospheric sounding,
- Experience of EO data ordering, handling, processing & archiving
- Expertise in image processing SW & GIS tools (e.g. Envi, ERDAS, ArcGIS, Arcinfo)
- Experience in designing and producing training materials
- Experience in organising and performing training courses at different levels
- Good knowledge of EO data products, formats, and analysis tools,
- Good communication and technical writing skills
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.