Verification and Validation Testing Engineer
You will have the opportunity to support the regression testing, integration, verification and validation testing of the software and hardware. This activity will cover local/unit testing as well as integration and end-to-end service verification across the boundaries of individual S/W applications or systems.
- Preparation, definition and verification of Test Procedures.
- Preparation of integration and V&V test plans.
- Preparation of Verification Control Documents.
- Preparation of Verification Plans.
- Generation of automated test suites.
- Setup of test environments, on contractor premises for off-site work, and on-site, with required test tools.
- Execution of the tests according to the test plans and test procedures.
- Generation of the verification and test reports.
- Support to the Test Readiness Review and Test Review Board preparation.
- Support to the Verification Readiness Review and Verification/Acceptance preparation.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- System Verification & Validation of large scale systems;
- Operational Systems with 24/7 production and the related issues, constraints and best practices;
- Implementation and test of systems and services that are governed by a strict change control process in an operational environment;
- Creation of suitable test suites, test documentation and their execution
- You have demonstrated experience in:
- Formalised Software Testing (functional, regression, component);
- Formalised System Testing (functional, regression, component, integration), including requirements verification;
- Verification methodology and Requirements management;
- XML technologies for data format representation and interface documentation;
- Network lifecycle verification upgrade testing;
- Network design verification;
- Network configuration verification;
- Network security verification test.
- You are able to assess known bugs and limitations from software release notes.
- You have experience in feature/function testing of OS and COTS upgrades with respect to expected behaviour;
- You have experience with load and benchmark testing;
- You have experience in generating simulated test data for load testing
- You have experience and proficiency in:
- Scripting languages in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Testing Web Services (JSON, REST, SOAP);
- Using version control systems such as git;
- Testing SQL and NoSQL databases (ElasticSearch, Solr);
- Using virtualization and containers (i.e. Docker) for supporting testing activities;
- Bug tracking and analysis and using tools such as Jira;
- Using test coverage tools and techniques for developing automated test suites that increase the test coverage (JUnit, JMeter).
- You are fluent in English (both written and spoken).
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have good knowledge of Earth Observation systems.
- You have knowledge of the following tools and technologies:
- Selenium WebDriver, Robot Framework, Spock, QFS-Test, Jenkins, Valgrind;
- Tools for testing database migration;
- Techniques of testing applications deployed in Kubernetes clusters (e.g. how to access logs of Kubernetes pods).
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.