Wave Interaction & Propagation Engineer
You will have the opportunity to provide your expertise to the Wave Interaction & Propagation Section at ESTEC.
- Support to Earth Observation projects in the field of microwave (active and passive) remote sensing of natural surfaces (land and sea) and of atmosphere: wave interaction, data processing, retrieval algorithms and performance assessment
- Support to internal activities and projects in the field of microwave propagation in the atmosphere : theoretical and empirical modeling, and related analysis of impact on telecom, navigation or data downlink for Earth Observation and Space Exploration missions
- R&D in related fields
- Support to the experimental facility
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in Physics or in Electrical Engineering.
- You have a broad experience in the physics of electromagnetic interaction as well as in the development and validation of retrieval algorithms for atmospheric remote sensing.
- You have an understanding of the scientific background and experience with the performance assessment and the end-to-end simulation of atmospheric remote sensing instruments.
- You have a background in the physics and/or engineering of microwave interaction with natural environment.
- You have experience with microwave remote sensing observation concepts
- You have experience with microwave atmosphere propagation models.
- You have good programming skills.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have a previous experience with experimental instruments (e.g. ground microwave radiometers).
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.