Web and App Development Support
In this role you will have the opportunity to provide technical support for the implementation, configuration, management and monitoring of websites providing information on ESA EO exploitation programme elements and projects. It will also provide for the development of appropriate, dedicated applications to support interaction with the EO data exploitation user communities.
The scope of work will include:
- Develop and maintain the web for of the EOEP-5 Block 4 and future exploitation program elements
- Manage, configure and administer all websites of EOEP-5 Block 4 and future exploitation program elements
- Design web templates and standards for external exploitation project websites
- Ensure quality of web applications through unit and system testing
- Set-up and ensure version control for applicable web sites
- Troubleshoot and debug problems reported by end users
- Monitor performance and visitor statistics of exploitation websites
- Apply best practices for securing web applications
- Implement back-up system and disaster recovery for all websites of the Block 4 and future exploitation program elements
- Ensure support for multiple delivery platforms including mobile and desktop platforms
- Develop dedicated mobile applications for the websites EOEP-5 Block 4 and future exploitation program elements
he following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a degree in a relevant technical field such as Physics, Electronic Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a directly relevant industrial or research environment.
- UNIX and Windows file server management, scripting in UNIX-like systems, including
- workload automation
- Web development:
- server side coding: PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby
- Content Management Systems: Drupal, Joomla, MediaWiki
- Databases: SQL/MySQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS
- Web mapping: WMS, Google Maps API, CartoDB, OpenLayers, GeoServer
- Cloud computing solutions for web hosting: Amazon Web Services
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.