Our Recent Concurrent Design Projects
Our concurrent design experts are pioneers in the implementation of concurrent design. From optimizing mission feasibility studies in the space industry to the implementation of the concurrent design methodology in the maritime sector.
SUPPORTING THE EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY’S CONCURRENT DESIGN FACILITY
ESA’s Concurrent Design Facility has become a reference point for the application of the concurrent design and engineering methodology to space mission design. Our team of specialized engineers are pioneers in the implementation of the methodology and closely collaborate with the ESA Concurrent Design Facility for over 15 years.
Since its creation in 1998, the CDF has defined the future of more than 200 potential space missions, reducing mission design time by a factor of four and the cost by a factor of two.
Discover the trajectory of ESA's CDF.
Streamlining Complex Engineering Processes in the Maritime Sector
RHEA Group has supported the implementation of the concurrent design methodology to the sale, design, development, and detail design phases of several luxury yachts. Activities include:
- Leading concurrent design sessions.
- Supplying the basic foundation and support for the implementation of the methodology.
- Delivering on-site training.
CDP: Supporting the Design of e.Deorbit at Airbus Defence and Space
RHEA Group’s concurrent design methodology enabled the architecture design of e.deorbit and customer collaboration. Contributions included:
- Supporting the architecture design of ESA’s satellite e.deorbit.
- Allowing the team to share system parameters with the client.
- Enabling the customer to access and review the project’s system parameters.
Concurrrent Design Training at Dresden University of Technology (TU Dresden)
RHEA Group led a three-day, hands-on training for TU Dresden students. The training emphasized:
- Supplying the basic foundation for the implementation of the concurrent design methodology in a simulated scenario.
- Hands-on training of the CDP.
- Analyzing design requirements, identifying different solutions, and coming up with different design iterations.