Assistant Project Controller
You will have the opportunity to support the Manpower Contract Technical Officer of the HRE Department (Human Spaceflight and Robotic Exploration) on the day-to-day activities.
- Support the preparation of Request for Tender (RT)
- Support the contract coordination activities with the ESA Contract Officers
- Support the preparation of contract changes as documents and perform their implementation in esa-p
- Insure the correctness of the process by carrying out reviews on Statement of Work, deliverables and KPI
- Support the process for presenting the Services proposal to the Technical Responsible(s) and the Contract Officer(s)
- Monitoring of recruitment process
- Register all contract information in HRE database(s)
- Create contract/Contract Change Notice (CCN)/Work Order (WO) in esa-p
- Update THREAD with contractor information (Manpower Assignment-MAS, Service) and verify completeness with internal workforce database
- Participate to the ESTEC Frame Contract Operations Board to provide HRE inputs in agreement with and HRE-M and HRE-MC management
- Prepare the monthly expected GRN based on forecasted costs and TCAR estimated amount
- Complete the consolidation of all manpower contracts (e.g. end of year, contract closure/modification, ad-hoc actions)
- Prepare and provide several reports on contracts (e.g. status of contracts vs budget, amount committed, accrued, invoiced, etc) and analyse trends and deviations
- Support badge process for contractors
- Update the HRE contractors workforce database and closely monitor the evaluation
- Support the interview process for MAS contractors e.g. by preparing the list of contractors, the schedule of interview(s), meeting room reservation(s), security entries, accompanying contractors, staff etc.
- Ad hoc reporting
- Update the HRE manpower contract processes
- Suggest improvements in HRE-MC processes and tools e.g. workforce database
- Support the ESA HRE Time recording activities where required incl. excess hours, launch campaigns and special working arrangements etc.
- Support information and reporting for managerial accounting issues
- Were required prepare reports on budgeting vs actuals and analyse the deviations
- Support knowledge management activities
- Support the evolution of QMS procedures
- Support preparation and recording of minutes for internal HRE-MC meetings
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a university degree (Bachelor) in the area of Finance, Engineering or similar field
- You have experience within multicultural and international environments;
- You have a strong problem solving and result driven approach.
- You are able to work independently and within group
- You have very good communication and writing skill since the position is interfacing Managers
- You are able to work under short delivery notice on multiple related activities
- You have a good knowledge of procurement process
- You have a good knowledge of financial accounting and managerial accounting
- You have a very good knowledge of excel, and word
- You have a good knowledge of esa-p and other ESA ERP (Enterprise-Resource-Planning) tools eg workforce management and budgeting is an asset
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have a good knowledge of the THREAD tool.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.