Assistant Configuration Officer
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Configuration Officer to work in the beautiful city of Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
- Establishing adequate processes for proper Product configuration control, including:
- Configuration management planning.
- Configuration items identification, technical requirements base lining, production and maintenance of configuration item data list (CIDL).
- Management of configuration evolution, baselines verification, as-built control and inspections.
- Establishment of configuration control methods, procedures and standards.
- Establishing and/or assuring that adequate configuration control methods, procedures and standards are established and/or maintained, consistent with applicable standards/requirements.
- Preparing formal requirements for inclusion in industrial contracts.
- Participating in Project Reviews.
- Conducting configuration audits and configuration inspections.
- Supervising the processing and disposition of Change Requests and/or Change Proposals.
- Providing status data and maintaining a well-structured record system; acting as secretary to appropriate Boards established for the processing of changes.
- Establishing and maintaining the approval system for all documents under formal ESA control, and maintaining the associated DRLs and DRDs.
- Supporting the supervision and maintenance of the documentation library and archives.
- Proposing automated methods and tools required to increase performance of configuration and documentation control tasks.
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (or Communications as relevant), with relevant experience.
- Proven experience in Configuration Management in Space Companies /Organizations.
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the applicable ESA Configuration Management requirements and standards such as MS-ESA-RQ-100, MS-ESA-RQ-108, ECSS-M40.
- Good knowledge of the specific activities and/or organisation, of the applicable configuration management working procedures and support tool(s) are an asset.
- Previous experiences in fields like Product Assurance, System Engineering and Production Control are an asset.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.