You will have the opportunity to provide communication support to the Science Directorate of the European Space Agency.
- Act as Senior Editor for the Science and Technology pages of the Science directorate, including the commissioning, editing and writing of articles and updates.
- Act as administrator of the Science Editorial Board to review news requests and coordinate the publication agenda.
- Act as “Point of Contact” for science missions internally (ESA project scientist and managers) and externally (Mission Science teams and communication partners).
- Under the responsibility of the Science Programme Communication Officer support the drafting and implementation of annual and mission communication plans.
- Organisation of media events, including briefing of speakers and follow-up of requests from media.
- Set-up of outreach events agreed in the Science and Exploration Domain communication plan.
- Support to launch and mission events and tasks and events defined in partnership and cooperation agreements.
- Conception and conduct of social media campaigns, including the management of Science related social media accounts.
- Conception, editing and writing of stories for ESA science portal and SciTech pages in English.
- Obtain the necessary internal approval for publication.
- Conception of storyboards for videos, animations and social media assets.
- Represent ESA at science/outreach/communication conferences by giving presentations and to maintain and develop relationships with other science communicators and update own knowledge.
- You have a Master’s Degree in Astronomy, Planetary Science, or Astrophysics.
- You have a good knowledge and at least 8 years’ experience in the Science, engineering or technological communication.
- You have a good synthesis ability and a thorough understanding and interest for science.
- You are fluent in English (spoken and written).
- You have an in-depth knowledge of the missions and topics of ESA’s Science Programme.
- You have experience with International Media and Social media.
- You have good interaction skills and are capable to work under stressful situations.
- You have a fair knowledge in the following areas:
- Science communications.
- Audio-visual requirements.
- Graphic design and layout.
- Social media.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.