RHEA Group is looking for a Data Scientist to join our exciting UK Space Agency-funded project developing a Drought and Flood Mitigation Service (DFMS) that will help Ugandan farmers respond to effects in agriculture effectively.
The project is led by RHEA Group working together with the Ugandan Ministry of Water and Environment and local NGOs. DFMS will use satellite- and ground-based data to share better weather forecasts.
The scope of work will include:
- Develop and apply machine learning on large and set of Earth Observation data
- Develop and support DFMS application
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have MSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science or related field.
- 0-3 years’ of professional experience
- Coding knowledge in python (and/or other programming language)
- Use library and framework as TensorFlow, Spark, Caffe, Torch…
- Understanding and experience with CNN, random forest, k-means, dimensionality reduction algorithms, etc.