RHEA Group is currently recruiting a DevOps Engineer to support the cyber-security and SEMT development teams. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security, system engineering and Infrastructure as a Service domains.
If you have a passion or interest for cyber security, system engineering, concurrent design and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place. At RHEA Group you will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cyber-security and system engineering projects for the European Space Agency, European Ministries of Defence,NATO and the European Commission.
Position is open for permanent contract.
This position can be based:
- Frascati, Italy
- Leiden, Netherlands
- Redu, Belgium, at the European Space Agency premises of ESEC
- Diegem, Belgium
- Contribute to the research and development of a new set of cyber-security related products, leveraging cyber-risk assessment and cyber-security simulation and testing over complex systems within the Space (ground, space and data segments) and critical infrastructure protection domains.
- Contribute to Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) products such as Concurrent Design Platform (CDP4®), Common Information Platform (CIP), purpose built for collaborative engineering of complex systems such as space missions, factories, shipbuilding, etc.
- Collaborate, in an Agile development environment, with our team of software engineers and architects throughout the development process.
- Manage the DevOps environment supporting multiple development teams and multiple technical solutions and products.
- Work hand-in-hand with the development teams in creating solutions to deploy and monitor sites/software/applications.
- Stay in constant communication with the IT department in the event of any issues with the business’s sites/software/application.
- Work closely with the management in balancing the requirements for performance, cost-effectiveness, and reliability of the DevOps department.
- Promote1 knowledge sharing and DevOps culture across the RHEA Group SW development teams.
- Keep up with industry best practices, trends, and standards and identifies automation opportunities, designs, and develops automation solutions that improve DevOps operations and efficiency.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, mathematics or a related field.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a DevOps capacity, preferably working support personnel for a DevOps Engineer in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
- Proven experience working with SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) databases.
- Proven experience with Docker, Kubernetes, automated provisioning, infrastructure as code, and configuration control.
- Proven experience with continuous integration and deployment/delivery, and familiarity with related concepts such as “pipeline as code”.
- Proven experience working with Linux server administration and have a deep understanding of Linux/Unix.
- Proven experience with version control, specifically Git.
- Proven experience with agile and quality monitoring tools such as Jira (or similar tools), SonarQube, Jenkins and BitBucket (or similar tools).
- Result-oriented, passionate in the improvement of user experience, critical and strategic thinker.
Some of the following skills would be highly desirable, in order of priority:
- Experience on Spring Boot
- Experience with microservices (on Docker Containers)