Galileo Ground Segment Engineer
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Galileo Ground Segment Engineer to work in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The Galileo Ground Segment Engineer will deliver Galileo Ground Segment Engineering Services for Galileo First (G1G) and Second (G2G) Generation to the Galileo Control Segment Procurement office.
- Support the adaptation of the G1G Ground Control Segment for the G2G Batch 1 satellites
- Technical requirements definition for G1G GCS adaptation to G2G satellites
- Technical specification of the G1G design upgrades to G2G block A and B
- Technical assessment of the G1G design upgrade options to G2G block A and B
- Support the procurement of the G2G Ground Segment activities
- Technical support to Segment and Element reviews
- Technical contribution to design activities at segment level (architecture, performances, common services) in particular on the GCS Segment services and Security functions.
- Technical contribution to Segment change request production and review
- Technical contribution to the assessment of Request For Deviation and waivers
- Technical contribution to Cyber Security watch policy and vulnerability corrections
- GCS Assembly, Integration and Verification (AIV) engineering services
- Technical contribution to GCS on-site AIV activities
- Support review of test procedures
- Witnessing test campaigns aiming at segment integration & verification, external interface verification and overall segment validation
- Coordinate and support Test Readiness Reviews and Test Readiness Board campaigns
- Coordinate GCS functional and design requirements process verification testing including participation to the Verification Control Boards.
- Coordinate GCS compliance to the applicable requirements verification by the Prime Contractor during planned test campaigns either at element or system level
- Technical contribution to the Ground Segment (GCS to GMS) Integration and Verification Test Campaigns
- Report any design or functional requirement issues arising during the AIV campaigns to the GCS Technical Manager
- Support to aspects of security in GAL Data Systems
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline
- Information sharing within the different MDS stakeholders
- Cooperation with project team members
- Ability to capture the bigger picture and the system context
- Communication skills
- Capability of adapting to circumstances
- Openness and reliability
- Independence in working on own tasks
- Negotiation capabilities
- Ability to interface with several different areas/people in ESOC
- Capability to establish and maintain good working relationships with Industry and FCT
- Project management
- Software engineering
- Experience with development and maintenance of big software projects
- Requirements management (knowledge of tools, e.g. doors)
- Test management (knowledge of tools, e.g. HPQC)
- Knowledge of ESOC infrastructure (e.g. Scos-2000, SIMSAT, Egos MPS, EGS-CC)
- Knowledge of ESOC operational environment
- Knowledge of Spacecraft (especially for the SIM)
- Knowledge of Standards (Engineering and Quality)
- Awareness of the technology trends and interest in R&T
- Familiarity with MDS coordination