Galileo Ground System Engineer
You will actively contribute to the fulfilment of the deployment of the Galileo Ground infrastructure, in particular concerning the Galileo External facilities like SAR/Galileo Service Centre (SGSC and RLSP) and Galileo Service Centre (GSC). These Galileo Segments comprise the full set of elements (Ground stations, Ground receivers, Control elements, etc.) allowing to monitor and control the Galileo Constellation.
- Monitoring the Implementation of Ground Infrastructure Releases (SGS, RLSP and GSC), and review and assessment of associated documentation
- Reviewing the SGS and GSC Ground Infrastructure Deployment and Evolutions Implementation Plan
- Monitoring deployment activities, such as the operational validation activities in relation to Ground Segment (GMS and GCS) and assessing the readiness of operations and Ground Segment for entry into operations
- Participating in operations related boards, such as Anomaly Review Boards and Service Incidents Response
- Contributing to the strategic and operational planning processes
- Reviewing the corresponding inputs and participating in project reviews/meetings (Operational Validation Readiness Review, Operational Validation Review, Migration Kick-off and Checkpoint)
- Reviewing regular and ad hoc reports produced by SGS and GSC Infrastructure on all topics related to maintenance and deployment activities
- Supporting the Operations Change Control Board (OPS-CCB) by preparing, reviewing and assessing changes to the operational contractual and technical baseline in the frame of the Ground Segment Deployment activities
- Reviewing the Service Improvement Plans and associated PCIPs proposed by SGS and GSC Infrastructure
- Maintaining an efficient relationship with project stakeholders, within the GSA and with the relevant subcontractors
- Supporting the Galileo Deployment and Maintenance Manager for any topics related to Galileo
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- You are organised, dynamic and proactive.
- You are fluent in English (C1 Level).
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have previous Galileo experience.
- You possess a security clearance (EU Secret).