Galileo Service and Planning Operations Engineer
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Galileo Service and Planning Operations Engineer to work in the beautiful city of Noordwijk.
You will be assigned to the System and Flight Operations Unit of the Galileo Operations Procurement Service Division and will report to the Head of System and Flight Operations Section.
- Follow the definition and implementation of the overall Service KPIs to be applied to Galileo during the Initial Service Validation and Provision phases, and coordinate the technical definition, implementation and validation of the specific operational KPIs.
- Support the preparation and validation the operational procedures to interface with the external service providers.
- Manage the Operational Interfaces with the Service Centres, and the delivery of the agreed products (OSM, OSP, ORSI, etc.), also in the frame of the Galileo Early Services.
- Organise resource management meetings (OSMBs) and coordinate with the Long Term Plan preparation, ensuring that the OSMB outcomes are properly taken into account and flown down also at Mid Term Plan level.
- Manage Planning Requests affecting service provision and Service related incidents analysis investigation.
- Support the enhancing of operational planning processes and operational interfaces
- Active participation to the Service Anomaly Review Boards for the investigation of planned and unplanned outages affecting the service availability and reporting of the analysis results as input to the NAGU process.
- Attendance of Anomaly Review Boards and Configuration Control Board following in particular the technical issues related to Services provision.
- Support the achievement of Operations readiness for GALILEO Services Provision.
- Support the organisation of the GALILEO Project Operations Service Reviews.
- Development in collaboration with the G2G Project Experts the definition of the G2G services.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Master’s Degree in the relevant discipline.
- Familiarity with Spacecraft and Ground Segment subsystem knowledge
- Significant experience in position for operations engineering and/or service provision related activities, with some experience in management tasks.
- A proven experience in in a commercial/industrial environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Capability to work in a complex environment with complex task.
- Good practical and analytical skills are also required.
- Perfect command of English, verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Experience related to developments in the Galileo project (GIOVE, IOV, FOC).
- Familiarity with the ESTEC environment.
- Some experience dealing with external interfaces.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities.