You will have the opportunity to support the Navigation Office in the activities related to operation of GNSS POD and UTC realization.
- Support in the preparation of future missions, services and products related to multi GNSS based precise orbit determination and high accuracy services:
- support in the preparation of project proposals
- definition and development of processing strategies
- support to definition and elaboration of external study activities
- simulations and performance analysis
- Development of new GNSS un-differenced observation models and related concepts for ambiguity resolution in order to achieve the highest possible accuracy for navigation and precise orbit determination solutions
- Development of new algorithms and concepts related to GNSS based precise orbit determination and high-accuracy services including pure kinematic precise orbit determination for single satellites, formation flying satellites and satellite constellations in different orbital regimes
- Software development and maintenance for GNSS based precise orbit determination and high accuracy services
- Support to project operations and related data processing
- Operation of GNSS POD
- Operation of ESOCs UTC realisation
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have the relevant engineering university degrees in field, astronomy, mathematics or physics.
- You have the skills to apply knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts.
- You are able to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Linux scripting languages, Fortran, C++, Matlab, Python).
- You are able to provide your expertise in coordination and interaction with other service providers in the fields listed in the requirements.
- You are able to work independently.
- You have at least five years of demonstrated experience.
- You have very good knowledge in GNSS observation modelling.
- You have very good knowledge in GNSS navigation algorithms.
- You have very good knowledge in GNSS based precise orbit determination.
- You have very good knowledge on multi GNSS processing.
- You have very good knowledge of the NAPEOS software.
- You have good knowledge on GNSS receiver system calibration.
- You have good knowledge on GNSS time synchronisation.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You are familiar with the ESOC environment.
- You are familiar and have demonstrated experience with Navigation tasks.
- You have experience in dealing with external interfaces.
- You have experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration.
- You are able to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities; multiple missions simultaneously.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.