GNSS System Engineer
The UK GNSS programme is being led by the UK Space Agency, in partnership with the Ministry of Defence to undertake an Engineering Design and Development Phase (EDDP) which will deliver a number of outputs related to design options for a UK-GNSS.
The high-level objectives of which are:
- Undertake system engineering and planning activities necessary to prepare for the implementation of a UK GNSS capability
- Provide technical inputs to support the preparation of a Business Case for the UK GNSS Capability
- Develop Authority procurement and industrialisation plans to ensure that the programme procurement and implementation is aligned with UK Government objectives and constraints
- Initiate critical development activities and early Long Lead Item procurements.
The Navigation system security specialist will be part of a small team, supporting the UKGNSS Technical Director in the definition of the technical strategy, oversight of the technical activities and mentoring of the UKGSS Authority technical team.
To maintain independence and to enable appropriate oversight the specialist role would not be based in the London programme office, working predominately off site and attending programme meetings as and when required.
- Develop and maintain systems engineering strategy
- Develop and maintain top level engineering assumptions and risks
- Review key programme technical documents.
- Provide specialist advice and guidance for systems engineering technical related activities.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to the UK GNSS customer technical team.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent is required in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
- You have a deep technical understanding of GNSS technologies across space/launch, system/ground and/or operations segments, the interoperability and trade off aspects across all technical areas of a GNSS system.
- You have extensive years of demonstrated systems engineering experience.
- You have extensive experience of the UK GNSS industry Sector.
- You have experience in multiple stages of the system and product design lifecycles.
- You have experience of large system architecture design and logical design thinking.
- You have an understanding of System Engineering principles and processes.
- You have experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- You are extremely motivated, a self-starter and a team player.
- You have experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organisational skills.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.