Mission Analysis Engineer (HERA)
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Mission Analysis Engineer to work in the beautiful city of Darmstadt, Germany. You will have the opportunity to provide support to the asteroid mission HERA to 65803/Didymos. Services may also be requested related to other Lunar Missions or other tasks in the Flight Dynamics domain.
- Trajectory Optimisation for interplanetary transfer and the near-asteroid phase
- Navigation and Guidance, including Optical Navigation for Mission Analysis
- Concurrent Design Studies for space missions
- Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms
- Support to project, scientists and industry, participation in reviews
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics
- Skills to apply their knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts
- Ability to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++)
- Will to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams
- Fluency in English, both in speech and writing
- Coordinate and interact with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in Trajectory Optimisation, including the multi-body problem
- Experience with trajectories in proximity of minor bodies
- Experience in Navigation and Guidance techniques for Mission Analysis activities,
- Experience with Concurrent Design Studies for space missions,
- Experience in Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms,
- Knowledge about operational and ground segment aspect in the mission/architecture design
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity/experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks
- Experience dealing with external interfaces
- Experience with Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration
- The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.