Network Cloud Engineer
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Network Cloud Engineer to support the cyber-security team. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security and Infrastructure as a Service domains.
If you have a passion or interest for cyber security and would like to join a team of seasoned experts with diverse backgrounds, then you are in the right place! At RHEA Group will have the opportunity to work and learn in an exciting environment and participate in unique cyber-security projects for the European Space Agency, NATO and the European Commission..
As a Network Cloud Engineer, you will be involved in the development, refinement and management of our advanced cyber-range platform, as well as in the delivery of complex cyber-security exercises.
Position is open for permanent contract.
This position can be based:
- Frascati, Italy
- Leiden, Netherlands
- Redu, Belgium, at the European Space Agency premises of ESEC
- Diegem, Belgium
- Cyber defence and security operations system research, definition, planning, installation, configuration, operations and maintenance, with a specific focus on RHEA’s cyber-range platform
- Contribute to the research and development of a new set of cyber-security related products, leveraging cyber-risk assessment and cyber-security simulation and testing over complex systems within the Space (ground, space and data segments), healthcare and critical infrastructure protection domains
- Cyber security training and awareness
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Proven work experience (minimum 4 years) as a network engineer, information security engineer or cloud engineer
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service systems such as OpenNebula or OpenStack
- In depth knowledge of:
- Network Local Area Networking (LAN), Metropolitan Area Networking (MAN) or Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies;
- Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, SIP, SNMP, IPSec, SSL, TLS;
- End system architectures and operating systems such as Windows, Linux.
- Virtualization technologies (KVM, VMWare)
- Open vSwitch (OvS)
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN).
- Network Management (NM) systems;
- Strong interpersonal skills, team working, good analytic and problem solving capabilities
- Strong communication and documentation abilities
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Effective time management and organizational skills
Some of the following skills would be highly desirable, in order of priority:
- Good command on dealing with security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, content filtering, etc
- Information Security concepts involving incident detection, analysis, decision support and response;
- Experience in delivery of operations services or specification of solutions for cyber defence or security operations including some of the following:
- ISO 27000 series standards;
- Information Security policies, standards, and procedures;
- Information Security concepts involving threat, vulnerability and risk analysis;
- Cloud Computing or virtual machine security;
- Cyber Defence or Continuous Monitoring Solutions;
- Trusted Product Evaluation standards such as Common Criteria or FIPS 140;
- Secure technology standards such as Trusted Platform Module, Trusted Execution Environment;
- Certification and Accreditation concepts and processes;
- Networking technologies such as Netflow, Sflow, PCap;
- Cryptography and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI);
- Identity Management systems;
- Technical vulnerability assessment (VA) and penetration testing (PenTest);
- Vulnerability and patch management solutions;
- Host or network based Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS);
- Firewalls or Unified Threat Management (UTM) systems;
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems;
- Data Leakage Protection;
- Application White Listing;
- Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) technologies.
- Experience in network/security product operations certifications (e.g., Checkpoint firewall certification);
- Experience in product, system or software research and development (R&D);
- Experience in cyber security for space, defense, critical infrastructure, finance or government systems.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.