Radio Navigation Engineer
RHEA Group is a growing international company, focusing on providing innovative, market-ready solutions and services in our key sectors of Space and Security for both commercial and institutional customers. We employ over 500 staff working across 10 different countries. We work with distinguished clients such as the European Space Agency, EUMETSAT, NATO, European Commission, Canadian Government and national space agencies.
When you work for RHEA, you will have the opportunity to work alongside some of the best talented minds and experts in our industries, either working at our clients sites on some of the most exciting space missions or on cutting-edge projects in security, concurrent design, data and ground systems within our own offices.
To attract the best candidates, RHEA offers our employees competitive remuneration packages, unique career opportunities, individualised training and development programmes and local relocation support to take the stress out moving to another country or city. We are recruiting now. We understand your concerns during this period of a global pandemic and we will work with you, at your pace ensuring your questions are answered and maximum flexibility is offered.
We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to work in the beautiful city of Noordwijk, in the Netherlands. You will be working on GALILEO Ground Segment processing facilities, in a role supporting the GALILEO Ground Mission Segment (GMS) team.
- Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements; including support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the developments and generating and reviewing relevant documentation such technical requirements;
- Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
- Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Mission Support and Mission Processing, and evolutions of the GMS architecture and design (e.g. virtualisation, data centric processing, etc.);
- Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
- Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, signal processing techniques and GNSS security and processing facilities.
- Several years of experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
- Specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Eligibility for security clearance from their national security administration.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge on virtualization and data centric processing is an asset.