Service Procurement Support
You will be part of a service team which has the purpose of supporting selected scientific organizations in assessing the quality and performances of algorithm prototypes aimed at generating new products for the Sentinel-5p mission. The algorithm development and qualification tasks will be operated on a dedicated environment set up using ICT resources offered by the DIAS infrastructure (the Copernicus “Data and Information Access Services”), where pertinent Sentinel-5p data are stored and managed.
- Accept and analyse user requests for algorithm prototyping and agree on request resolution;
- Support ICT, data and SW resource allocation towards users;
- Monitor the prototyping environment in order to proactively detect any anomaly and interact with users and other technical teams up to issue resolution;
- Support the integration of the algorithm with the Sentinel-2 PDGS by verifying its compliance with the proper input/output interfaces, if needed through the development of wrappers or other ad-hoc SW tools.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree in Engineering, Information Technology
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the Earth Observation domain
- You have at least 3 years of experience in service integration, deployment and operations, especially in the context of Sentinels’ PDGS
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have at previous experience with the Sentinels’ Generic IPF Interface Specification.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.