Technical Project Manager
RHEA Group is currently recruiting a Technical Project Manager to strengthen the cyber-security team. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging environment with state-of-the-art technologies within the cyber-security and Infrastructure-as-a-Service domains.
The Technical Project Manager position is for permanent contract employees only.
The position reports to the R&D Manager, Cyber Security and can be based at:
- Frascati, Italy
- Leiden, Netherlands
- Redu, Belgium, at the European Space Agency premises of ESEC
- Diegem, Belgium
The position will require occasional travel to other RHEA offices or client sites throughout Europe or Canada.
The Technical Project Manager will work on assigned cyber security projects based on RHEA or client specific goals and needs. The Technical Project Manager will use a combination of management skills and specific cyber security knowledge, to coordinate the assigned projects through its progressive stages, with the goal of project completion within specified time and budget constraints.
From time-to-time, the Technical Project Manager may be assigned as a subordinate project manager (e.g., as a Deputy Project Manager, or similar) according to the scale, scope and needs of the project, but having similar roles and responsibilities as outlined below.
On an as-needed basis, the Technical Project Manger will be required to support development of security business and service lines through contribution of expertise, knowledge and experience in the development of proposals and at client meetings.
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of the project.
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with the project team (RHEA staff, partners, subcontractors) and ensure that priorities are developed and known.
- Facilitate efficient communication across all levels of the project (RHEA staff, partners, subcontractors, and client) to ensure consistency in reaching the project’s goal, and to help in the recognition of any potential opportunities, risks or complications.
- Support software architects and team leaders on effectively coordinate the software development activities of the teams.
- Communicates with and reports to RHEA senior management.
- Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Manages the project resources & costs.
- Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Contribute background skills, knowledge and experience towards the project completion.
- Building strong customer relationships and supporting Business Development in developing business with the client and in related fields.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- Proven successful project and risk management experience.
- Understanding of current state-of-the-art of Information Technology and of cybersecurity related concepts, issues and concerns.
- Strong technical background to enable him/her to actively participate in technical discussions with the project team and to enable a solution driven process.
- Experience in software engineering (minimum 5 years) and software architecture (minimum 3 years), including requirements engineering, software design with UML and software development with Java/C#
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Be able to demonstrate experience in managing complex and risky (geographically distributed) multi party/stakeholder projects.
- Proven successful risk management experience.
- Experience of working with government agencies, industrial, academic and Not-for-Profit organisations.
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working.
- Excellent communication skills, presentation preparations skills and ability to present in front of an audience.
- Customer and results oriented.
- Good planner and able to follow more than one subject at a time.
- Proven proficiency in English (spoken, written).
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity concepts, issues, technologies and risk mitigation methods applied to space, critical infrastructure, defence or large enterprise markets.
- Knowledge and understanding of cybersecurity best practices applied at end-system, application, network or enterprise levels.
- Having one or more relevant personal certifications according to recognized cybersecurity standards (e.g., ISO27000 Implementer or Auditor, CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (KVM, VMWare)
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.