Copernicus Data Access System Engineer
You will have the opportunity to support ESA in the Copernicus Space Component (CSC) Coordinated Data access System (CDS) project during the implementation cycle and operational deployment of the follow-up project PRISM (Copernicus contributing missions access support functions and platform), responding to Copernicus Service Projects’ (CSP) evolving needs.
- Provide system engineering support to ESA throughout all stages of the development lifecycle of PRISM which will gradually phase out the current CDS V3 implementation of the Copernicus Data Access infrastructure.
- Provide expert know-how on all CDS/PRISM elements and support functions (SCI, CDD, CCO, CQC, CRP) and their external and internal interfaces;
- Be responsible for performance management reviews and operations management escalations;
- Supervise the evolution cycle of PRISM support function toolset/teams/processes;
- Provide support to the phase in/phase out of operations;
- Supervise the CDS/PRISM software maintenance lifecycle;
- Provide support to definition of new PRISM requirements (ITT, CCNs) and the implementation/modification of the operations scenarios.
- Oversee the integration of new/upgraded interfaces between the Copernicus Contributing Missions (CCMs) and CDS/PRISM.
- Organize and chair formal reviews with the CCM management and technical teams;
- Review project documentation issuing and managing RIDS;
- Follow up actions until the final Operational Readiness Review and Transfer to Operations of the CCM interfaces with the CDS/PRISM infrastructure.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree or equivalent qualification related to System Engineering.
- You have a good knowledge of relevant standards, requirements management, change control and acceptance procedures, agile processes.
- You have experience in executing and supporting formal verification and validation activities.
- You have experience in large IT systems design.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have knowledge of the Copernicus Space Component Data Access (CSCDA) context.
- You possess a specific experience in Copernicus Data Access.
- Project Management expertise.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.