EPS-SG Operations Preparation Engineer
RHEA is currently recruiting an EPS-SG Operations Preparation Engineer for Databases and OBSW end to end Operations to support the Low Earth Orbit Division (LEO) at our client’s premises in Darmstadt, Germany.
- Responsible for OBSW end to end activity, in charge of the definition of the overall operational concept from the interface with industry up to the uplink of the new software images to the satellites.
- Produce the OBSW Ops Guide and related operation procedures.
- Responsible for the end to end operational concept to manage reference and characterisation Databases being delivered to EUMETSAT. This also includes operational interfaces with industry.
- Define for each type of Database its life cycle and configuration control for operation usage. This will also imply the definition of Operations Department (OPS) documentation, procedures and working practices.
- In charge of the development of the Satellite Operational Database based on the Satellite Reference Database and OPIT inputs.
- Manage the Operational Database against changes to successive Satellite Reference Databases deliveries.
- Provide a single interface within OPIT for the Satellite and Instrument Characteristic Databases and support FDF and PDAP experts for their respective Databases.
- Contribute to OICDs with external partners with respect to OBSW and Databases items.
- Manage Ops Prep database editor tool and OBSW tool environments.
- Support the setting up of the OPS Configuration Management (CM) tool to manage satellite and ground configuration control.
- Coordinate the needs for operational configurations of the OBSW tools, procedures and Databases for a multi ground segment environments (OPE, VAL, ENG) and multi-satellites.
- Support the MCO and PDAP ground segment development teams as Ops Prep representative with respect to OBSW and Databases interfaces and tools.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, with at least three years experience in the field of spacecraft and ground segment operations with specific experience as follow:
- Satellite operation preparation and routine operations phases;
- OBSW maintenance expertise with good knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) processes for both ground images and on-board memory management;
- Satellite Databases management in the frame of the operation preparation phase;
- Experience on Operation Preparation tools such as procedure editor and databases management tools;
- Familiarity with the definition of operational interfaces and interactions with industry or external partners.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- Knowledge of the ECSS E-70-41: Telemetry & Telecommand Packet Utilisation standard;
- Knowledge of the mission control systems SCOS and OBSM application;
- Knowledge of the mission control systems SCOS MIB and SCOS MIB editors (e.g. DABYS);
- Knowledge of SQL and database management tools;
- Some programming and scripting skills would also be an asset.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.