Mission Analysis Engineer (Flight Dynamics)
You will have the opportunity to provide engineering support to a particular service within Flight Dynamics operations engineering services (HERACLES).
- Mission Analysis
- Trajectory Optimisation focusing on the three-body problem especially in the Sun-Earth and the Earth-Moon three body system.
- Navigation and Guidance for Mission Analysis
- Concurrent Design Studies for space missions
- Mission Analysis Tools Development, environmental models, numerical integration techniques, local and global optimisation techniques and algorithms
- Mission Analysis for human spaceflight beyond the Earth orbit
- General Flight Dynamics operations engineering activities
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree in a relevant engineering field, astronomy, mathematics or physics.
- You are able to apply your knowledge to develop solutions to technical (mathematical and dynamical) problems in cooperation with customers and other experts.
- You are able to define, implement, validate and operate software which applies the above solutions (using e.g. Unix and/or Linux scripting languages, Fortran 77 and/or 95, C++).
- You are willing to take operational responsibility in multi-discipline teams.
- You are fluent in English, both in speech and writing.
- You have experience with coordinating and interacting with other service providers in operations and other fields.
- You are able to work independently.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You are familiar with the ESOC environment
- You are familiar and have experience with Flight Dynamics operations engineering tasks.
- You have experience in dealing with external interfaces.
- You have experience with Oracle/Solaris and/or Linux, network services and protocols, and system administration.
- You are able to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.