IT Infrastructure Engineer
You will have the opportunity to perform your activities from our customer premises at ESA, ESOC in Darmstadt, Germany.
The scope of work will include:
- Back-end infrastructure services in support of workplace applications.
- Cloud Computing services.
- Definition of technical and service requirements.
- Extension of common ESA cloud services to support technical and programme related needs.
- Implementation and support to adoption of platforms for managing containerised workloads and services.
- Support the migration of mission control systems to ESA Cloud.
- Design together with OPS the future of the OPS IT infrastructure, meeting OPS reliability, RTO/RPO, and IT chain redundancy objectives.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- State of the art infrastructure virtualisation and cloud computing technologies and solutions (VMware Vcloud, Openstack).
- Enterprise storage and back-up technologies and services in use by OPS.
- Container-orchestration platforms and services (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Datacentre networking.
- Engineering experience in mission operations redundancy concepts.
- Masters level or equivalent qualification in information technology/engineering.
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.