PDGS System Engineer
You will have the opportunity to contribute to activities mainly corresponding to various stages of the Detailed Design –Phase C- of a given programme under definition and development, and Phase D (Implementation and Validation), as contribution to Integration, Verification and Validation. The main emphasis is on the payload data ground segment of the EPS-SG programme. This covers payload data acquisition (ground stations) and data processing elements.
- Requirements engineering in DOORS. This includes review, specification and refinement of existing requirements, their up-traces to parent Ground Segment specifications, justifications and verification methods;
- Support to the procurement of payload data acquisition & processing elements by advising on technical solutions proposed by the responsible contractors, and by reviewing documentation to confirm its compliance with the requirements;
- Refinement of ICDs, especially those between payload data acquisition & processing elements and other GS functions;
- Support to the preparation and execution of the testing, integration and acceptance of procured elements;
- Support to the installation of ground segment elements at sites, and their integration into the overall Ground Segment system;
- Verification and validation (IV&V) of the integrated Ground Segment;
- Review of System, Space Segment and Ground Segment documentation dealing with requirements, concepts, algorithms and technical analyses of relevance for data processing, including review of calibration concepts defined by the Space Segment with emphasis on their implications on Ground Segment data processing concepts, interfaces and architecture;
- Participation in formal reviews and technical meetings at System and Ground Segment level.
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- You have at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in the areas and disciplines stated:
- You have experience in system engineering practices and processes, especially in the field of space systems engineering, including knowledge of ECSS standards and system life cycle processes;
- You have extensive experience in payload data ground segments for large and complex Earth Observation missions, including L1/L2 processing software;
- You have experience in management and traceability of complex requirements structures and the management of their verification via VCDs;
- You have experience in the preparation of ground segment documentation relating to requirements engineering, design, and IV&V planning and execution.
- You have demonstrated experience in the above, with emphasis on overall systems engineering aspects of payload data ground segments or IV&V of payload data ground segments.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are able to maintain a system overview. You should have a systematic approach to the work, and be able to plan the work and to cope with tight schedules and multiple tasks.
- You are able to write accurate and consistent technical documentation is essential, as is the ability to rapidly absorb, and make use of, information presented in written and oral communications in a dynamic context.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have experience with DOORS tool