Satellite Downstream Applications Engineer
The Integrated and Telecommunications-related Applications Department (TIA-A) is responsible for the promotion of ARTES applications and services and the development of new applications and services within the ARTES applications domain.
As part of this, the Study and Project Management Office is in charge of the implementation of all ARTES Applications/Services Feasibility Studies and Applications Projects. This includes elaborating the required Feasibility Studies work-plans, evaluating the proposals for Feasibility Studies and Applications Projects, negotiating the contracts and implementing them.
- Identification and characterisation of new services and applications exploiting current and next generation of space systems (e.g. Satcom, Earth Observation and Satellite Navigation) and their integration in non-space domains
- Assessment of the technical and operational requirements applicable to space based applications and their integration with terrestrial solutions to support the identified services and applications in an end-to-end context
- Implement activities with industry, operators, application providers and user communities addressed to develop, validate and promote the utilisation of space based assets in accordance to the checklist
- Development and implementation of methodologies and tools for the assessment of end-to-end performance of multimedia applications
- Analysis and assessment of the business and regulatory aspects associated with the launch and commercial operations of satellite based applications and services
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
- You have a PhD or Msc Engineering from a recognised Institution of secondary studies (University, Ecole supérieure, etc.) or equivalent.
- You have a significant experience in satellite and possibly in terrestrial systems requirements analysis, design, implementation and operations, and associated management experience;
- You have sound knowledge of the overall space applications market, and specific experience in specifying, developing, evaluating and promoting applications making use of satellites;
- You are familiar with downstream space services and applications and with relevant space technologies (i.e. satellite communications, navigation and earth observation);
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills;
- You possess excellent analytical skills;
- You have high standard of document drafting;
- You are able to work effectively both within a small team and in an autonomous way.
- You are willing to travel to ESA establishments and/or other European locations;
- You are comfortable in an international working environment;
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
The following skills would be highly desirable:
- You have knowledge of ESA and in particular of TIA space applications programmes;
Preference will be given to candidates eligible for an EU or national personal security clearance at the level of CONFIDENTIAL or above.